Fern Bay- Sauvignon Blanc 2009

Colour: Very light straw.
Smell: Intensely fruity
Taste: Curious fruit, almost a strawberry bouquet.

Verdict: This is a good wine which hopefully did not cost the Cooks too much. This fine bottle of wine was a birthday present from my good friends in Winterbourne Road.

I must mention Julia, who presented me with 2 bottles of fine new world wines, a Smiths gift certificate, 3 exceptionally good blocks of cheese and a homemade fruit cake (my favourite) I really can get attached to Birthdays. I will review the wine and keep you posted.
Pakistan playing Australia in England, quite right all cricket should be played at the home of cricket. Very low scoring game and still very much in the balance.

Getting back to my Birthday, we had a few of our friends around for a BBQ and what a night it turned out to be. Mally and Mus arrived late, not a big surprise, those two try and fit 48 hours into every 24 – typical farmers. Julia and the girls started the party rolling, as I was cooking and burning, that is what you do on a BBQ, before long we were tucking into the most exotic of meats, fish and salad. The mood lightened as the wine diminished, full tummies and good company eventually took its toll and we all dragged ourselves off to bed. Birthday done and no-one hurt, job done.

Comments

  1. A great birthday for a great man. Love Sue, michael and robert.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment