Discombobulated

Discombobulated meaning confused, disconcerted. On a bad day you could be generally discombobulated, not with it. 

Love can hear the wings of a butterfly on a wheel? What is this about?

Greeting inflation, or the number of ways we are greeting one another. Hello, halo, hullo are all greetings that originated after we invented the telephone. A greeting and almost a hope that the other person is on the line and can hear you. Up until the telephone we bowed and exchanged pleasantries. Take this kissing on the cheeks we do now. Some kiss fresh air, those that feel slightly superior, I have the single misfortune of knowing one of those socially inadequate creatures. Then we come to the normal kiss on one cheek, left cheek is the norm and now some do the right as well and then some do the left again, 3 kisses, greeting inflation. Long gone is the slight nod of the head which acknowledged some one you know and have seen them. It is a whole pantomime of kiss, kiss, kiss, hoping you do not get the amount wrong and the person is moving on after the second kiss leaving you kissing fresh air and feeling rather foolish.

I have decided to just nod my head and in special circumstances, will lightly kiss the left cheek of someone of the opposite sex, if I really have to. Hugs or chest joining I will leave to my closest and dearest. When I was in boarding school no one hugged, not even my father. Handshakes were for those you knew well and my fathers hand on my shoulder telling me I had done well was all I could expect.

Talking of kissing, have you seen how radical the Russians take greeting one another. I saw two Russian politicians having a full on mouth to mouth kiss, hopefully no tongues. I believe this is the norm and have decided I will give that country a miss on my next overseas trip, never know what you will catch. 

I did hear that there is or was a tribe in Australia who offered you their penis to grab, as a way of showing you they trusted you, seems a little over affectionate to me and maybe Angela can do some research and let us know if they still do this or have they managed to change that particular custom yet. 

Must admit it does leave me a little discombobulated.

Comments

  1. Goodness. Interesting tribe. Not from QLD, WA or NSW. Perhaps another state?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment