Feeling good about yourself.

What is life if not woven through the the life of our ancestors, into our life and the lives of our children.
I have just heard of a client of mine who is still young, unmarried and is about to join Slimming World. This puts the fear of God into me, loosing weight through these so called clubs, can only lead to tears. I have watch so many women who achieve brilliant results and feel incredible, for a while, then they put all the weight back on and some more. The cycle starts again and over the years they go from one size to another and then back and then up two sizes. The only people who achieve anything out of these so called clubs are the owners. 
Mostly women start later in life and have had one or two children, to start this cycle of misery so young, does worry me. 
I read an article about a woman who had, what she called, her inner bully. 
'My legs are to big, my arms are flabby, I need to loose 2 stone.' I can go on and on but I can see your heads nodding in agreement. You and your friends.
'What does changing my mind have to do with changing my body?'
Be careful how you talk to yourself, you are listening. If you are going around in circles then maybe it is time to think again.
How can I convince women, most anyway, to turn off the inner bully in them, take back control and by doing so they will get more self confidence, better motivated and live again without self doubts and fears. Feeling good about yourself will give you confidence, this will show from within you and you will be strong enough to banish that inner bully forever.
In saying this I want to go back to my original statement. What is life if not woven through the the life of our ancestors, into our life and the lives of our children. Think carefully all you mothers out there, do you want to encourage a life obsessed with how you look, as an example to your children. Our children learn so much from us, our actions and our even those things we think they do not hear. 


Comments