Photo Journalist

I am thinking of adding a new dimension to my business, yes you guessed, photo journalist. I am enjoying our short excursions into rural England and Wales. Take the Church Knowles blog, that was a mid morning visit and I was asked by a editor of a country life magazine to expand a little and send him the photos and article and he will publish. Seems my blog has some benefits after all. 

Moving swiftly on, we did breakfast today at Sandbanks Cafe, not a huge fan anymore but seemed like the right place to go. Must admit we did get quite a warm welcome and it was nice seeing all those familiar faces again. Pity the management and owner are a bunch of idiots. The staff did say they are not that busy anymore, a pity, as it is a lovely location but when you are paying good money for your food and drinks, you would expect table service. 

Helen gave me a barometer for my birthday. You know I have a weather station on the conservatory roof, so I follow the weather. Actually this is not a new phenomena, I have since my farming days. Anyway the barometer forecast fair weather for the next few days. 

Life is messy, the summer is proving to be unreasonable hot. This is not why I live in England, but I sit and watch my sprinkler watering the garden. I know it is a small garden and does get done with one watering and it is my garden. Well to be honest it is Susan and my garden. Does the sprinkler get to every part of the garden evenly, no, as I said life is messy and the light breeze does play its part. 

I know of a family who are coming to settle in England shortly, very shortly. If they think I am going to tolerate this heat, dream on. I predict storms and floods by the middle of September. Actually I welcome a turn in the weather, where have the days gone when I get soaked taking JB for a walk, the only soaking I get now is a good swim, well wet is wet. A little like nuts, nut's, nuts.

Comments