For Starters


Read something in the news and it started with 'For starters' then went on to explain an observation someone had on Brexit. Brexit is all in the news now but why start with 'For starters'? I immediately wanted to know what they were eating. My favourite starter is Halloumi stuffed Peppers, just thought you would want to know
Halloumi stuffed Peppers


The editor of a well known newspaper once commented that he always asked his reporters and freelance reporters to send in articles of 800 words, he actually only wanted 600 words. He and his sub editors would then sharpen the article up, as he explained. That is so true, every time I write a blog I tend to ramble, far too much and when I proof it before publishing, I always find things to shorten, cutout or reword. 

Why is it at the beginning of spring and autumn we have this, almost epidemic, run of colds and flu? The change of season seems to bring in all the nasties. I am taking echinacea twice a day at the moment, hopefully will help to me from getting ill. Everywhere I go, someone has a cold or flu, almost getting to the stage that I am loath to go out. I know you cannot live your life thinking something might happen and it probably will not. The way I have abused my body over the years, even a simple bout of flu could finish me off. I think I will start with First Defence if I have the slightest feeling of a cold coming on, meant to work wonders, as it stops the cold taking hold and let's your body build up its defences before the virus spreads. Still I have not answered the question, why colds and flu seem to be everywhere at the change of the seasons. Any suggestions?

Changing the subject completely. It's something we do every day, close the car door. When the Duchess of Sussex closed her car door on Tuesday, the press was watching and now it is front page news. Arriving at the Royal Academy of Arts to attend her first solo event since marrying into the royal family, Meghan stepped out of a car - having had the door opened for her. She then closed it. I know, hard to believe but the photo clearly shows that offending car door being closed. I think it was an automatic action but it did get the press in rather a tither.  According to the Royal Advisor, there is no protocol and Royals are free to close their doors if they so wish. Now I find closing the door for Susan, is a bit of a control thing and I prefer to leave that to her, also gives her something to do and reinforces her independence.

Comments