Robert the Bruce


Robert the Bruce, the man who defeated the English at the Battle of Bannockburn was born in Essex. A historian believes Robert the Bruce was from a village near Chelmsford, called Writtle. As part of his self-published work, he said there was no evidence that he was born at his mother's castle at Turnberry, in Ayrshire. He outlines a ruthlessly ambitious man who would stop at nothing to become King of Scotland.
He told BBC Scotland: "There is no direct evidence he was born in Turnberry. More recently, it was presumed Bruce would have been born at Turnberry, but the evidence points to Writtle." 
Well reading that makes me wonder what Robert is getting up to in Colchester, I know he is working at the university, but does that involve rewriting a little bit of history?

Winter has definitely arrived, no, not just a slight chill but the real thing. Last night when we went to bed it was a balmy -1.5 degC. I suppose the time is right with November a day away and Halloween in full swing. Did you see the photo of the girls in Susan's office, all dressed up for this scary time of the year?  Susan is the evil looking one with the witches hat, would recognise her anywhere. Makes one wonder how much work goes on there.

With Christmas only 8 Monday's away, this year is calling last rounds alarmingly fast. Time, lost on the youth, accelerated for the old. There is no presence like time, making that presence count is always a challenge. I wake and promise myself I will get everything done that I have been putting off for ages, only to retire wondering where the day has gone. I did walk JB on the beach in the rain, somehow I feel those jobs I have not done today will be waiting for me tomorrow.

All for now, need to do some shopping for dinner. I think grilled chicken breasts, new potatoes, butternut and asparagus. Served with generous portions of red wine.

Comments

  1. Wow, 2 good blogs in quick succession! It's the Freedom that's getting to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. What is Robert getting up to in Colchester? Luring any hapless exchange students into his web? 😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment