Rain and other friends


Today I asked someone to tell me how they started their business. Good question, as his business is very successful. I do wonder what I would say if someone asked me why I love writing so much. Well, I can say only this. Writing always feels like a safe place. You can invent stories that have nothing to do with your real life, but it is taken from real life and usually the good guy does not win but the stories I write, ends with the good guy winning. 

For example, someone I know well, thinks of everyone, all the time. What she can do to make their lives happier. The small things and the important things all count. Do they consider her, absolutely. She has a close group of friends who look out for each other, no one counts the favours. She looks outwards and those people are rare. Her friends and colleagues are remembered on their birthdays, when they bake her a cake and for all the times, she bakes or buys a cake for them My point being, she cares about her friends and colleagues and that takes commitment. 
People who are that considerate are quite self focused, self centred and are the most challenging of people to please. They are so focused on pleasing those friends and colleagues, they forget themselves. 
My advice, love them for who they are, you will be loved in return.


Rain, it swirls around the glow of the street lights, creating its own world. It is a pity I cannot hear the symphony of rain drops on the roof when I sleep. Although, rain on our conservatory roof does make talking a challenge, as it is perspex. Still you do feel the strength of the storm. This last two weeks the weather has been all over the place, from a day of a mild breeze to the next day of 50mph winds and driving rain, even hail on two occasions. Today is no exception. We had breakfast at the beach and could enjoy watching the wind and rain from the comfort of the cafe. I did not envy those people walking their dogs, I pity the dogs as well, they are closer to the ground and the sand blows into their eyes.

Comments