Eating locusts and other things


Susan is just back from a trip. Went to Bear Grills in Birmingham and among other things, ate a few locusts and other multiple leg insects, need a toothpick after all that. Bear Grills is actually an action, adventure type park and not as some would believe, a restaurant. ‘Grills’ stands for the guy who loves eating locusts and crawling through mud, an action man like in the comics. I do wonder if they grill the locusts or fry them, whatever, I say leave the little beasties for the birds to eat. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards they sped to Alton Towers aboard a new Audi Q7. All very excited at the prospect of sitting in meeting for 2 days, presentation were presented in gay abandonment. PowerPoint slides the order of the day and numbers of things discussed, admired, scorned and manipulated to give just the right message. This is the giddy world of big business, such brilliant minds, focused on achieving every little drop of efficiency from historical events, one can only marvel at the sear tenacity and drive from these masters of economics.

The World Cup is here, yes cricket one day internationals have started and England did prove to be the superior team on the day against South Africa. Amila took a blow to the head and retired hurt. Stokes took an amazing catch and that about summed it up. South Africa looked stunned and defeated, must be the lovely weather we have on this muddy island, as my favourite brother calls it. West Indies bullied Pakistan into submission and the weekend looks fair for Australia against Sri Lanka.

Onwards and upwards I say. I must point out, it will all end in tears for all the teams, bar one. This is a brutal sport, some even play with sandpaper in their pockets.

On another topic completely, Fathers Day.

This is a day that a whole bunch of fathers, families and Tesco love. This day, for me has been good. Michael and Kate took  me for breakfast, really enjoyed the meal and hearing about their trip to Portugal. Mark sent me a text, good to hear from him again. Robert phoned me on his way to the supermarket and Susan phoned on the road to Gatwick, both wishing me a great fathers day. 

I then went to the Middle Smiths and had the most amazing meal of potatoes pasta and stilton. They did go over the top a little but and gave me two really thoughtful gifts, but then they gave me a card from the family. Words are so powerful and maybe it was just me but sometimes, someone says thanks, for just being me and that is quite special. 

You all in your own way said that today and you know what, Father's day was not that bad. Thank you all for remembering me.

Comments