Heat Wave


It has been one of those days when the relentless sun shines and the temperature goes up to baking point, that I have found myself sitting in the garden just after 6:30pm and enjoying a well earned glass of wine. 

Susan is off to do the shopping, I know this is weird but then she is on a different diet. No gluten, that takes care of the olives, no sugar, that excludes the gin, no caffeine, that sorts out the good pasta. To top it all there is this little caveat, no fat, probably excludes all the other food know to man kind. Now you understand why I have asked her to go shopping.
Jenson is beginning to understand me, I was watching New Zealand play Australia in the one day World Cup and yet another Australian wicket fell, I was mildly excited as Australia have decided to play the two cheaters, as Kate from Australia, now residing in Poole, Dorset, puts it. Not really cricket, they are cheats but then most Australians come from someone stealing something. Yep the English deported them to Australia. Now look what has happened. 

England was beaten by Australia, what were those Victorians thinking at the time, sending all those good cricketers to Australia, when we need them now in England. This all started with someone catching rabbits to feed his staving family, the mind boggles at the stupidity and the desperation to keep the classes separate. To be fair, Australia is not my favourite country after this defeat. Angela I feel your joy, Michael I feel your pain, I am just grumpy.

Anyway, let’s look forward, India, maybe not. I did say it would all end in tears except for one team, my eyes are welling up as I write this. Afghanistan you are the true hero’s, with one eye on the ball and another on the Taliban, must take enormous concentration. 

Susan is coming down with something, flu, a cold, who knows but it is a little disconcerting, as she has been to Iceland and maybe they have something catchy we do not know about. In saying that, she did spend a good few hours with the Lady Vivienne yesterday and her immune system was still on Iceland time?

Comments