Sandbanks


Talking of colour themes, I took JB for a walk on the beach this afternoon, well, 4pm and the sky was a beautiful gold insert between the clouds as the sun was setting. Just after 4 is an excellent time to meander on the beach to catch that late sun striving to come through the crowded sky of clouds. I must not grumble, this is the best time of the year for me, late sunrise and early sunset makes for a concentrated day of half-light and low sun. Where else do I know, that at 11 in the morning, the sun is so low, you need your car visor.
Burger night is not on tonight, Susan has been working hard over the festive season and with the threat of a trip to the United States of Morons hanging heavily over her head, asked me to cancel this traditional evening. I know people look forward to it all week, that one certain time of enjoyment. To be fair, I really enjoy preparing, cooking and serving the food and watching everyone fill their plates with all the culinary fare on offer. Hopefully, she will be more inclined next week.

From having 15 family members around at various times of the day and night over the last two weeks, the house is surprisingly quiet today. I must mention that the Great Bruno and the lovely Priscilla, are out visiting the Middle Smiths. I am sure we will see them over the weekend and maybe even get them out of the house and on a walk. Gary does have to decline the offer of a drink anytime from about 10:30 onwards, Great Bruno does not like drinking alone but alas Gary has his work to do and also fetch and carry children from school, having a few drinks is not the done thing anymore. 

As this is my first blog in this year of our lord 2020, happy New Year.


Comments

Post a Comment