Tyger


Tyger Tyger, burning bright, 
In the forests of the night; 
What immortal hand or eye, 
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

I am known to call Alex, Tyger on some occasions. He does not seem to mind but then again he probably thinks all grandfathers call their grandchildren funny names. I once recited the first stanza of this epic poem and Kate was listening. Being a teacher from Australia, I assumed she knew the poem but it turns out she did not. Needless to say, I looked up the poem on my iPad and recited it for her, must have made quite an impression on our Kate. I am sure all those little darlings she teachers, will get a healthy portion of poetry. 

I am very fond of the last verse; 


When the stars threw down their spears 

And watered heaven with their tears: 

Did he smile his work to see?

Did he who made the Lamb make thee?


We as a people have become so used to everything coming from social media we forget the legendary writers of many years ago. Next time you pass a book store, buy One Hundred Favourite Poems (£4.99) and you will be surprised at the number of times you take it down for a brief read. 


Looking out into the garden Alex and Gertrude are having their normal domestic squabble over the bird feeder. This is a pair of wood pigeons who seemed to have made our garden their personal space, chasing off any other birds that come anywhere near. I do not mind them but I would like to see other birds enjoying the garden. Maybe a gentle word in their ear will do the trick, failing that I am open to suggestions. Claudia, I understand is partial to pigeon pie. 



Claudia’s birthday on the 24th Sept, we wish our Claudia a happy birthday day, that is all about her and hopefully, a day filled with joy and wine. Gary loves her dressed in her nurses uniform, but beware our Claudia has the temperament befitting her Italian ancestors. Luckily Gary is made of stern stuff. Not sure about this nurses uniform thing but I would ask with caution.


Tesco ran a special promotion on wine, 25% off 6 or more bottles. I did stock up and this stock is now coming to an end. At the last count, I have 4 bottles of Blossom Hill Red in my cellar. This delicate wine from a small, little know vineyard in California does produce an excellent drinking wine, enjoyed by many. Getting back to my wine stocks, as Tesco no longer have the deal I am forced to go to Asda and replenish my stock levels.


Asda described this wine as - Ever wondered what sunshine tastes like? This soft, mellow red is bursting with berry flavours, delivering a smooth, fruity finish. Best enjoyed with friends. Well, for once I agree with them, not to be taken lightly. I did find an interesting fact, this wine is bottled in Italy by DOI S.p.a., Santa Vittoria d'Alba. That must account for the popularity of this wine in the Canosa Household, Bruno being the Godfather. Claudia, his youngest daughter has been known to enjoy a glass or two of this award-winning wine. I say, why Cabernet when you can Blossom Hill?


Getting back to uniforms, I do like the Women’s beach volleyball outfits. Expertly tailored for practical use and fun. 





Comments

Post a Comment