Tesco South African White £3.25

On the bottle: Not much, the usual, fruity, smooth with a tropical bouquet.

In my mouth: Good grape flavour, fruity yes, if the grapes count.

Verdict: A good wine for the price. I notice in one of the comments from Angela, that she prefers the Savvy Blanc wines of Australia and New Zealand.

'I must admit I'm a bit of a Savvy Blanc girl so it's not often that Matt strays past the Savvy Blanc shelves. I can definitely recommend any Savvy Blanc's from the Margaret River area in Western Australia or from the Marlborough region in New Zealand.'(Wrote Angela)

Sauvignon Blanc is a good clean wine that, if not oak matured, will compliment any dish. I enjoy the winemaker's comments on what to have with the wine, but the really good recommendations read something like this. 'Enjoy with Fish or your favourite Pasta or just by itself.' Now that last bit appeals to me.
Enjoy your weekend and if you do manage to open a good bottle of wine please let me know. All comments welcome.

Talking of Angela, Lily Florence, part of the Under Dickens Clan, will be having a birthday soon, if we forget 'Happy Birthday Lily from all of us in Middle Earth'

Comments

Post a Comment