No blog since the 4th


Irate email fill my inbox berating me for not blogging, fame has its downside.
Birthday coming up for our resident artist, Lily Florence Dickens, with my erratic blogging I take the liberty of wishing her a jolly day and I will try and remember to send her a small gift today. Come to think of it I might as well send one for Mika, Daniel and Travis, that way everyone is taken care of until Christmas. Expect the postman!!
It is the Queen's birthday soon, no its  not, it is her 60 years reign that we will be celebrating in two weeks time and Elizabeth has been touring around England visiting her subjects and generally being very social. On one such visit with her husband and Prince Charles, both men came up with some classic gaffs. 
Prince Charles saw a women dressed in a red dress with a zip all the way down the front and commented to the policeman next to him.
"If I pulled that zip down I would probably be arrested." and then turned to wave at the happy people around as the policeman tried in vain to stop laughing. 
Prince Phillp saw a lady wrapped in a foil blanket, the kind you use when camping to keep you warm in the winter, and asked her if they were going to put her in the oven later? When a journalist asked her if she was offended she said no it had made her day. What does the Queen have to put up with.
Last night I started to feel my age, frightening. Susan and the boys decided to go to Frankie and Bennys for dinner. Well where do I start, music so loud I could not hear Michael sitting next to me let alone Susan and Robert sitting opposite me. Place full of young families, screaming, exhausted children and over priced, badly cooked Italian food. I was very hungry by the time we finally left, normally would have cooked and eaten long before we actually left. One look at the menu and prices, £18 for a pizza, I opted for a salad which was a waste of chewing time. Enough of that, just to say the last two times I have eaten out I have been extremely disappointed. It is an age thing I suppose!
For the 50 odd pounds it cost l could have bought a whole beef fillet and roasted it with all the trimmings, wine and dessert. My last on the subject is I will stick to pubs from now on, so if you visit expect a few pub meals or home cooked.
Thank you all those that have 'Liked' the Facebook page of Joburgsetco. Need the likes as when you get over 35 you can see your statistics on who has visited your page and if they have gone on to browsing your website. 
Modern technology now allows me to post my blog and then it updates my Facebook and Twitter page as well, so no excuse, you can find it now in three places.
Enjoy your weekend, Robert has finished trying to destroy that little white golf ball and we off home.

Comments

  1. Classic. Prince Phillip is hilarious! Don't forget Benji Boo in your gift giving extravaganza!!!!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment