Michael finishes 2nd in his Standard


What a week we have had, Michael getting very touchy when anyone mentioned University as he still did not know his A level results, he was actually doubting if he would get the results he needed to go to University.
Thursday was results day and Michael got a text from the university just after 8 confirming his acceptance to Bristol. Man was beside himself as he now knew he had enough points from his results and was accepted. The A levels results come out at 9 am but you have to go to school to get them.
At 10 I asked him when he was going and he said he would go pick his mate up and go round, it was not that important now as he had been accepted.
Well what a surprise he was in for, second in the school and for Business Studies he was one of the highest in the country. 2 A* and a B. Well done lad, I never doubted you would not do well.  The next day saw the mention in our local paper, see attached scan.
Now I do not know how long I can type for as my battery is running low but will continue until it dies.
What a good week it has been and now with Roberts GCSE results coming out this Thursday it could be another week of celebration, me celebrating his 3 A’s and a B, then I do not have to buy him an iMac, please little B show yourself I know you want to. Alternatively he might be celebrating, not worth thinking about.
Susan has 13 sleeps until she flies off to Lily Florence and the rest of the Dickens family. She is also going to go a day earlier and see the Merlin attractions in Sydney and then flying to Perth. Lucky girl and maybe will fly back via Malaysia to see the Attractions there, what a globe trotter she is turning out to be.  Watch out Gary she might be overtaking you in air miles soon.
I have finally decided to turn to the dark side, bought a MacBook Pro and it is beautiful, fast and sleek. Gone will be the PC shortcuts and in with the Apple Apps. I must admit my old MacBook – 5 years old still works well but the need for speed has forced my arm. Welcome to the world of Fruit, it is a bold move but never let technology get the better of you.
Just a catch up on the App I am developing for a mining company, I have finally received all the content and will be beavering away this coming week putting it all together and then the interesting bit, trying to make it work, hold thumbs fellow bloggers this is going to be a bumpy ride. If I am not that receptive to your emails, calls or texts, have patience I will have to be there by the end of the month. Not sure if I should use the music from ‘Hymn to the Fallen’ or ‘Saving Private Ryan’ as a background, both seem quite appropriate for underground mining.
Just to end, today is meant to be the hottest day this year but the clouds have put pay to that, so enjoy your weekend and lets speak soon.

Comments