Sweet Fanny Adam


What a run I had this morning, up early and after two cups of Espresso I was ready for my run. I must admit I was battling a bit at the beginning until this woman passed me as though I was walking.  What an outfit, just about holding all that was her together and leaving very little to the imagination. That put a bit of energy into my run and I passed her with no problem.
They have great exercise areas and I had stopped at one to do some rowing and she was back. Out the corner of my eye I saw her doing stretching with her back to me, then she decided to touch her toes!!
“Then I saw her face, now I am a believer, not a trace of cellulite on her bum”
Talking of fanny, I have just downloaded the book, Sweet Fanny Adam. What a melancholy of murder and grief.
Few people who use the expression 'Sweet Fanny Adams' know of its origin. However there was a time when it would have been recognized instantly. When the name Fanny Adams made sensational headlines, creating a wave of horror, revulsion and pity. Little Fanny Adams was brutally murdered on Saturday 24 August 1867.
Well that says it all.
The rest of my run was exhilarating to say the least, every time I stopped to do my exercises she caught up, nothing like a ‘bit on the run’ to cheer a man up in this world of super fit people. Talking of super fit. The Olympics are now over and all the roads are back to normal, no more Olympic lanes and closed routes.
I am nearing the end of a very busy week and the end of my first App journey. Apple does make one jump through hoops to get anything to work on their precious iPad. There come a time when you need to walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh and focus on on feeling good. Time to love the people who treat you right, life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting up is the living. Monday I will get up again but for now the computer will stay silent, email left unanswered and Skype offline.
Enjoy your weekend.

Comments