Upton Country House


Well I woke up this morning with a stiff neck! Where did that come from, maybe too much television. Talkng of TV this weekend is a Bank holiday weekend for us and also the official start of summer. Getting back to TV, we have a Grande Prix and a 5 day cricket test, so bring on the couch potato in me.
Anyway my stiff neck, as there is no one at home to feel sorry for me I decided to take Sam to Upton House for a quiet stroll through the gardens and woods. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of flowers, so attached is a collection of what I saw. The problem with taking photographs of flowers is that they will not stand still in the wind.
The House and all the gardens was a favourite place for my Mother.
"Not to be stormed even in deaths confusion, rememberer, then, for she too is a winner of wars. Enduring like a tree under the curious stars." Rest easy Mum.
Come to think of it, she would have known what to do with a stiff neck.
This day, many years ago, they baked the first Eccles Cakes in Yorkshire. The reason why I tell you this is that people are warming their Eccles cakes in the microwave and they explode. So a word of advise, stick to the oven and avoid a nasty mess.


Comments

  1. An Eccles cake is a small, round cake filled with currants and made from flaky pastry with butter, sometimes topped with demerara sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment