The Sale of Goods Act 1979

A man has been warned after he dialled 999 to complain about a prostitute's looks after meeting her. The Police said they were contacted by the caller who said he "wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act". The force said the call was received, complaining that the woman was not as attractive as she had claimed. Officers have now sent the man a letter warning him about wasting police time. 
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 gives consumers legal rights, stipulating goods which are sold must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and must match the seller's description. Clearly she did not.
I said yesterday that I was taking in the air, well I feel I took too much of that air and now have that hint of a cold coming on. At the time England was playing Sri Lanka, England went on to lose that match which was a pity but Sri Lanka had a batting power play they enjoyed. Today South Africa are playing the West Indies. Dale Steyn vs Chris Gayle, 4 off the first ball. Again I say this could end in tears. For who I do not know at the minute, but al will be in your news tomorrow. The ICC trophy has given us some amazing cricket. My money is on India against the other team in the final. It is astonishing how the average cricketers hair style has evolved. Chris Gayle with long dread locks and Tsotsobe with no hair at all, funny that when you consider Shane Warne and his blond spike. England and it's governing of the colonies has a bit to answer for.
News on the pigeons. I have installed a pigeon stopper, allowing the smaller birds to get the food but the pigeons are not allowed any purchase in the feeder. You will be happy to know it seems to be working. I will keep you updated, in other words watch this space.
Did you all see Captain Ben smiling for the camera in some crocodile infested woods in Australia. No, well if you look carefully I have included that time stopping moment in the photograph. Enjoy your weekend and remember, I love you all.

Comments

  1. Lovely blog. Keep those nasty pigeons away I say! Aren't they called cockroaches of the sky or something? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. re-reading old blogs this still is one of my favourites! Sales of goods act... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment