Autumn

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth" 



This quote originates from Buddha's thoughts, though it has been reduced down to this single sentence. Since translation is so subjective, and the truth is a flowing river, I think we're safe in attributing this wonderful saying to the historical Buddha. Zen sometimes describe the mind like a glass of cloudy water. If you want to clarify the water, stop shaking, stirring, and fussing.
Well Autumn has arrived with a vengeance, 3deg C.
Bonfire night, loads of bangs, lights, rockets and noise. Must say quite a lot of money will be exploded or burnt tonight. Enough bangs for now. Fireworks upset the night.

I have been doing quite a large amount of graphic design lately and did a brainstorm with Derek on the layout of a website. Brainstorming, interesting word and I suppose it is a way of thinking, when a large amount of ideas are thrown into the page, most of which will be scrapped, enabling a kind of thinking though doing. For me it provides vital space for the testing of ideas, placing them side by side for comparison, or on top of one another to reused or altered but still bearing visible traces of its earlier form. Many of my blogs start off this way, on paper and in my head.

I must say that often, I will take a photograph and the rest seems to come naturally.



Comments