Halloween

It is Halloween tonight, and I heard three knocks on the front door, non friendly I believe, they will be witches and trolls.

Halloween straddling the line between fall and winter, feast and famine, life and death, Halloween is a time of celebration and superstition. It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts.
Michael left for Portugal this morning, actually I took him to the station for the 7.07 train to Bristol. Flying from there seems to be the cheapest option. The family is scattered far and wide, California, Dubai, Australia, South Africa and Portugal. Rest easy I am in the UK, Brexit be damned, this is where I am happy for the moment. I am having a coffee at the Cafe, people watching, I find this gIves me inspiration, people can be fascinating. Some are not worth the time of day while others defy gravity, both in their ability to actually walk and the space they take up, chubby! Oh well, there but for the grace of God, go I.
From where I am sitting I can see a busy beach, but, there is always a but in Poole, they all have coats on and the wind is breezy to say the least.  For some it will be the last time they come to the beach until May/June next year.
Actually Michael is going on a surfing holiday, they get tuition and are taken to the best places to surf. I suspect he is feeling a little left out as all his friends are already in South America. Not to worry he leaves to go world traveling on the 3rd December for a year or two.
Got given a new £ 5 note as change, strange feel, supposably washable and difficult to forge. The centre is very quiet, sensible people, saving for Christmas. Also no Christmas music, I heard someone say John Lewis has started but here thankfully it is quiet. Let’s leave festive music for December.

Comments