Pilate


I am sometimes amazed at the lengths we drive ourselves in search of staying fit and in turn, trim and yes I suppose young. This is something I have grown extremely cautious of, of late. My walks with JB everyday, seem to be the limit I am able to drive my body too. It is all in the mind as there is nothing wrong with me and I dare say I am capable of going for a run, but my head gets in the way, or am I just lazy? 

Susan has started Pilate, along with Yoga, Body Balance and running. Pilate is the one that interested me. For those who do not know about Pilate, it is a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by a German Joseph Pilates, after whom it was named. Joseph Pilates said that the inspiration for his method came to him during World War One, while he was being held in an internment camp (Knockaloe) on the Isle of Man. He developed his method there for four years, working on his fellow internees. 

Pilate puts emphasis on alignment, breathing, developing a strong core, and improving coordination and balance. All things I probably need, this late in my life, if, for nothing else, but to improve the quality of my life as the years seem to gallop forward. I suppose I should start by giving up smoking my pipe, drinking so much red wine, cut down on my coffee, eat more fruit and drink more water. Sounds a bit daunting, but I will send myself a memo, to look into this sometime. Maybe Robert has an easier answer on how to maintain this temple, I call my body.



Enough about me, how are you doing on the keeping fit side of life? As usual all comments will not be confidential and will be available for the general public to read. In saying that, I do fear the general public in the UK can not or do not read, so you can comment to your hearts delight, only a very few will read it.

Comments