Almost a Couch too far

Yesterday saw us helping Claudia Canosa collect a lounge suite for her flat. All looked very simple until we arrived and I tried to lift the one end to move the couch. Talk about heavy, weighed a ton. After much debate and attempts to get it through the first door, Dan showed his genius and we had it in the hallway. All attempts to get it around the corner and through the front door seemed to elude us, as there were ladies and children present, cursing was done under ones breath.
With some persuasion we finally achieved what seemed like the impossible and lifted the couch into the trusty Zafira. The chair we managed to fit in the Golf. Interesting evening and one that I do suggest we do not do too often. Praise must go to Daniel and Claudia, we were mere bystanders and they really have a gift for the seemingly impossible. Maybe a car washing business in not the answer, furniture removals with Claudia at the helm might be a logical alternative.

Today I find myself people watching from Nero's. Just before 5pm and after the very interesting day I have had, a small coffee is a fitting end to the daylight part of the day. The weather is being kind and we are in for a few warm days before the autumnal  season starts. 

My day started off with a quick trip to drop Claudia at the hospital for a checkup. Something like a service for a car, just our health service seeing what they are in for in the years to come. Took Alex home with me while Claudia was otherwise engaged. After giving him toast and butter, grapes and chocolate, I settled down to get some rather urgent work done. In the background the familiar sounds and voices of Thomas the Tank Engine reminded me of Robert's youth and all those wonderful times I read them the books and they fell asleep wondering if Thomas or Bunny Rabbit would come through.  

Alex soon found the box full of Lego and that kept him busy for quite a while. Gary arrives soon and I am sure they are all looking forward to that special occasion, Mika maybe more so as her and her mother are at odds at the moment. In my experience, mothers and growing up daughters are always a trying time. The normal problems happen.
"My mother does not understand me."
"My daughter does not listen to me." 
All very true but also part of the growing up process, if it did not happen, I would be worried. The same goes for father and sons. As with all things, it will pass, just do not burn too many bridges in the process.

Comments