The Joys of Christmas in the Smith/Fay House


At last Susan has bought me an Echo 2 speaker system answering to none other than Alexa. Makes sense as I have unlimited music from Amazon and the Echo 2 is an Amazon product. Being able to tell Alexa to play my favourite music seems a little excessive but we are not getting any younger, the CD players is always on the other side of the room. Well I say bought it, it is a Christmas present so the next 7 long weeks, I will have to be faced with resolve and fortitude.

Michael passed a comment about the Christmas 24 Marathon? Now what was that all about? I know we tend to watch a few movies on the Movies 24 channel but nothing too excessive. As for Christmas 24, well we do enjoy watching a festive film on the odd occasion. Marathon, really? That child has been away far too long.

Getting back to my Echo 2. Seems Susan forgot and she has decided we are not buying presents for each other this year, rather we are buying a combined present. It turns out there is a sofa she has been admiring for some time and this will be our Christmas present. What about the Echo 2 you ask? Well it was on the desk this morning and it is there no longer. I suspect Susan has already sent it back. I wonder what Susan wrote down as the reason it is being sent back. After all it has never been used, definitely not an unwanted present, cannot be the wrong size, only has one colour, not damaged. Wait, it was still in its original packaging so maybe it could have been faulty. Susan has many strong qualities, sending items back is one of those.

Have you seen this new addition of the Poppy. You know the red poppy has been with us for as far back as I can remember. Well they have a white poppy now, this is a poppy like no other, symbolises peace and to remember all this who lost their lives in any war, foe or friend. This goes back some, remember Robert the Bruce, many died then, so is remembered with this white poppy. I am finding it difficult to get my head around this new white poppy. Does that mean all those who gave their lives for England are now popped into a huge basket, populated by Germans, Vikings etc? Maybe you have some thoughts, I am at a loss for words.

It is Guy Fawkes tonight, we celebrate this near blowing up of parliament by having a fireworks display.  Some are breath taking, others are Asda specials, designed to give you the maximum bang for your pound. I do remember following the fireworks displays in our little Vauxhall Astra in the days when the boys were small and I was younger. Susan would find out where all the displays were and we would go from one to another, sometimes missing the start but that was OK. The finale was the best bit. On our way home the boys would want to fall asleep and we would sing naughty songs, so we would not have to carry them to bed, heavy blighters.

Comments

Post a Comment