Sunday in October


Today saw the first sighting of the lessor spotted house cleaner. Such a beautiful sight with such a lovely call. Being a male version of the human race I could ignore the call from this rare creature. 
‘Glen, please help me take the curtain rail off.’
Oh, that joy of autumn when the female of the species starts cleaning up. I do not expect it to last as there is much living to do without the grind of an autumnal clean. 
We have never been terribly serious about cleaning, hence our house is perpetually in an untidy, slightly dusty mood, quite the avant-garde.

Wine, wine, fruit of the vine, when you going to let me get sober, leave me alone, let me go home. Words from a song of a long time ago, catching my sentiment exactly.

We dined with Kate and Michael just the other day - an Italian restaurant in Winton. 

At Bellaggio we are so proud of the quality of food we serve, our friendly servicemen and our vibrant atmosphere.

I mention it as the food was very good and service, typically Italian. Down to an old Italian gent, dressed in a white shirt and black longs with shiny black shoes. The place attracts university students, as the area is known for all the student's houses, so the prices cater for the hungry student with meagre available cash. I do feel Michael will take a while to throw off his university lifestyle, definitely worth a visit and we will go back sometime.
House hunting goes on with not much luck. We are getting bored with this whole process and just want to find a house that does not need major refurbishing and is sensibly priced. I do have a feeling most houses are overpriced by 10 to 12%. We do have three houses that might be of interest and will view them later this week. 

We have few birthdays coming up soon, Angela, Alex, David and Mika. Not sure what Matthew has arranged for Angela but knowing my daughter, it will have to be something special. Claudia wanted a bouncy castle for Alex and to have all his school friends over. A little ambitious but sense did prevail and I suspect it will be the traditional party with cupcakes and balloons. Mika wants a trip to Disneyland Paris or some other exotic destination. She also wants to hire the village hall and invite her school friends. That girls goes big or not at all. That is just for starters and my blog does not have enough room to cater for this bucket list. Being her mothers' daughter, one would expect this and more. In all fairness, dream high and you might just get what you want.

All this is very close to Christmas and as we are all saving to buy Christmas presents, I do believe the gifts will reflect the time of the year.

I would like to say happy birthday to you all and I hope you get the birthday you deserve. I will end on Alex’s take on his party.

‘Some of my friends can come and we can play on the beach.’


Comments

Post a Comment