Summer

Now is the summer of my discontent, the fair sun that keeps me awake after 10 and rudely awakes me at 4. 

Fair LV you have brightened our dark nights with you cheerful banter of your woes, Frasier and Michael.


Fair Susan, I long again for the early nights of darkness snuggle in bed to keep warm. The days will be long and sleep will be fleeting. Seriously we are not geared for hot weather and our houses are built to retain the heat, our windows are reluctant to fully open after 8 months of being firmly shut and the nights can be warm. 

On the positive side, we will swim again and part take of the evening air, the odd BBQ and sit outside with the birds, bees and midgets. Such fun awaits us.




Talking of the beach, the photo shows what we can look forward to and hopefully we will get away with a walk without Jenson urinating on some little darlings sandcastle. Always a challenge and sometimes it does get messy. My standard answer is;

”You on a dogs beach, human urinate on the other side of the groyne.”


Robert and I were talking about the hidden meaning of so many words we use. Imagine if you will, an overseas student, a crash course in English and overhears a conversation between two Brits.

"Did you hear about that accident, well the man lost a gear and lost his two children as well, awful?"

The overseas student might be wondering why they are not looking for the lost children and gear. As I said, the other meaning of a simple-looking word. I am lost, you lost me, I lost my wallet, I lost my father. Now the last one, is he just lost or died? Never really know do we?




On another note, the council is about to do some sand moving on the beach again. Every year they move the sand from the top of the beach to the shoreline, which gives you a bigger beach. Years ago, the council bought sand from France and pumped it onto the beach, very soft, white sand and this does tend to get blown about a bit. I was amazed that they left the heavy equipment unattended on the beach. 

Comments

Post a Comment