Coffee#1 in Poole



This is a blog about Coffee, afternoon tea, your skin and the Great Bruno and his newly acquired mode of transport.

I have published it on my Adobe Spark platform follow this link: Coffee#1

I have included the content below for those who wish to just read without the distraction of photos.

Must admit it has been a long time since I sat in a coffee shop, enjoying a fine double espresso and watching the humans walk past. People watching always brings surprises. The place is mostly filled with families, most probably on holiday. I know you are wondering why I am not across the road at Nero’s, to be perfectly honest, I did not feel like waiting, the queue was way out the door. Also if I had waited, I would have to sit on a hard chair as all the comfortable chairs were taken. My bum is getting too old for hard chairs.

What’s the coffee like? Now that is a good question. Strong, smooth with a hint of dark chocolate and cinnamon. Not bad, I imagine since Nero’s bought them out they would be using Nero’s coffee anyway. 


Just noticed that the place has filled up while I was writing and you now have people in the queue willing you to finish your coffee and go, so that they can take your place. Strange but someone casually glancing around a room is so different to those wanting to sit and all the tables are taken. You can see the desperation in their eyes as the queue moves ever forward, possible leaving them to drink their coffee standing up, this is tricky if you have ordered a cake to go with it.


On the subject of coffee, we were invited by Kathrine and Michael to afternoon tea at the Priory in Wareham, very grand and also a stunning setting on the Wareham river. I ordered a double espresso with milk and hot water on the side, I enjoy what is called a Long, just a double espresso with some added water. Jeeves, our waiter looked a little confused but did as I asked and the coffee quality was excellent, with a hint of caramel and a dark chocolate note. Scones were freshly baked, and the clotted cream was reasonable thick, proving a challenge to spread, but they compensated for this with a firm scone that did not crumble. Well worth a visit and at £10 per person for a cream tea, what more could one want on a Saturday afternoon.

The gardens of this hotel were really an eye-opener and as you can see from the images, well maintained and beautifully laid out.


Yesterday Robert asked me if I am showering? I said no, as I had showered the afternoon before. The question is how often should you shower?

According to the Dermatological Association; 

‘There’s no hard and fast rule for this although dermatologists agree that as a society, we shower too often. Many of us do this daily, however, if you’re not doing anything too strenuous, you can shower every other day, not smell offensive and ensure your skin retains those vital oils that too much washing depletes.’

I suppose as all skin is different and you exercise every day, it would be prudent to shower after working out. Robert did say we do shower with the water too hot, why this would make a difference I do not know. 

I presume one's hair is the same, every two or three days should suffice.


Enough of the mundane, let’s move on to more interesting matters of importance. 


Bruno and Pricilla have moved back to Olivia and her family. They are very excited as they are going to Greece soon and then on to their beloved Italy. Hopefully, they will take precautions and stay away from all those foreigners, who are still battling with their own pandemic. Bruno’s Mercedes Benz is back on the road and by all accounts is going very well after a major amount of work on his drive shaft. Word has it that he wanted only the best fitted so was prepared to pay a premium price for peace of mind. I must urge him to ask the locals, first before diving headlong into a dodgy agreement. In all fairness, he does drive Pricilla, Queen of the Desert, around and he would not want to break down with such famous cargo.

Bruno kindly took me on a tour of his Mercedes Benz. I was most impressed with the modern style and functionality, Next to the steering wheel there is a clever lever to alert other road users that you might be considering turning or changing lanes, this is a feature all BMW drivers need. The lights are positioned at the front and rear of the car, negating the need for Pricilla to hold a torch at night. It does have a wireless radio in the dashboard to listen to those great Italian operas, that Bruno is so fond of. As can be seen from the images I have uploaded, the features just go on and on. The one thing Bruno did find on his dashboard was a little strange, it asked him to connect his Bluetooth phone but we all know he has an iPhone. Must be something to do with his forthcoming dentist appointment. I wish Bruno and Pricilla many happy Mercedes Benz miles. 


There is one glimmer of light on the horizon, the kids go back to school soon and the beach will not have as many sandcastles for Jenson to pee on. Really angers those mommies who have been watching their little darlings build a castle, only for Jenson to pee on it. 

Comments

  1. Shower every day please. It’s important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, mo weed on someone’s beach bag the other day. I was mortified.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment