My Garden



‘All our gardens, streets and patches of sky are part of our own perception of the world. If in our own modest back yards, we can help preserve and treasure our natural world, then we will make this planet a better place- not just for ourselves but for every living creature.’ Monty Don wrote in his new book My Garden World.

As you can see from this photo, my garden is not that great. But wait, all is not as it seems. Gertrude and Alex are now eating on separate tables, not sure what happened there but they do bicker continuously. The water feature has a bumblebee drinking from it. Do bumblebees drink water?

The berry trees are full of tiny lights, glowing red in the evening sunlight, it is a birds paradise and the bees enjoyed the flowers. 

The solitary rose has two beautifully scented roses straining for a look at the sun. That part of the garden does not get much sun, more a semi-shaded area. There is a passion fruit flower hiding in the leaves, to me, the most intricate, beautiful flower in the garden.

So my friends, do not judge my garden too soon, it has many secrets to reveal and I am privileged to have a front-row seat.


Well, another week has gone by and quite a lot of goings-on in the week. Gary went live with a monster of a website and as usual, no one bothered listening to him when he handed it over. I do find it very strange when you spend quite a considerable amount of money on your business but are too lazy to know how it runs. We are working on a solution that will encourage the owners to understand their role in the great scheme of things and not expect the software to aid them in blowing their noses.



The Lesser Spotted Robert turns 25!


Robert turned 25, yes that is a quarter of a century. He did rise to the occasion and was seen to be happy at times. I still remember his youthful face light up at the Sushi restaurant when they brought Duck Gyoza, crispy fried Gyoza with a spicy sauce. Interesting dish and made so simply. Wafer-thin slice of duck mixed into a large amount of rice and rolled into a long tube, slice in 5 pieces and served up. All I can say is they must go through an awful amount of rice. In saying that, my Sea Bass mixed with rice and walnut, was not too bad. These meals tend to take quite a while to prepare and we were there for almost 2 hours when my chips arrived, considering the fact that I did order them with the Sea Bass, which arrived at the start of the evening. Do Japanese eat chips? Maybe the Just Eat delivery from the local chippy just took a while. 

What was important was that everyone seemed to enjoy the selection of sea weed-infused rice, eel, chicken skewers and noodle broth. Must say if I was at a normal restaurant and ordered fish and chips and waited 2 hours after my fish was served for the chips, I might feel a little aggrieved.

I did see Susan paid an awful amount of money for what must have been 1 kilogram of cooked rice. 

Joking aside, was a good evening and a visit to Westbourne is definitely on the cards as there are some interesting restaurants to be sampled.




Comments

  1. What did one sushi say to the other while going to the party? Let's roll.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment