The Big Affair and Dealers

“Did you know that childhood is the only time in our lives when insanity is not only permitted, but expected of us?” Louis de Bernières.




University life is wild and varied. With Mika now at Uni, Robert told us about the dealers that are found on most street corners at the moment. Not dealers in the drug sense but book dealers. The process is all done through social media. You are told you need the following books for your studies. Books are expensive so you turn to social media to see if you can buy a book from someone who no longer needs it. Once found, you draw the cash from an ATM and meet the dealer at some prearranged location, hand over the money and get a small parcel in return. If you did not know any better, it would look just like a drug deal!

In all fairness, he did buy some books on Economics in the Cold War or something along those lines. He is looking into the possibilities of doing a PhD. Feels like the eternal student taking shape. 



This is proving to be one of those days where all seems right with the world and then the cracks appear. Started while brushing my teeth with my glasses off, I always do that, until I have washed my face and combed my hair, frankly, it would be too big a fright in the morning and I would probably think it is an intruder.


‘Did you know so and so is having an affair?’ Susan informed me.



Well, that was enough to almost swallow my toothbrush. Talk about major statements when my guard is down. Not much else is known but I believe Susan was on a fishing expedition, in case I did know and had not told her. 

Be warned all you men and women out there who are hard work or just a pain in the proverbial, you might find yourself the injured party in a love liaison. In this case, we do suspect this lady is having an affair with someone less demanding, more attentive and probable dynamite in bed. Good on her, I say have fun, you have probably put up with your high maintenance partner for too long. Now we need details, is it a man or a woman, where do you meet and is it all very exciting?

My opening statement should read like this, in this case.

“Did you know that when having an affair, it is the only time in our lives when insanity is not only permitted, but expected of us?”

 


Comments